IRAIS Annual Conference on Information Systems
The IRAIS chapter is thrilled to announce the initiation of our first-ever virtual conference. We are dedicated to bringing together a diverse group of scholars from around the world to engage in meaningful conversations and share the latest research findings. We are confident that this conference will serve as a platform to drive growth, foster innovative ideas, and promote collaboration.
The first IRAIS Annual Conference on Information Systems invites submissions from researchers, academics, and professionals for presentation at our upcoming conference on “Information Systems and Social Movements Crossroads.” The conference will provide a platform for discussions and debates on the role of information systems and technology in facilitating social movements and activism through social media platforms.
We encourage submissions from a diverse range of disciplines, including information systems, operation management, and computer science.
The conference committee looks forward to receiving your submissions and hosting a vibrant and insightful conference on “Information Systems and Social Movements Crossroads.”
The conference theme will focus on exploring the impact of information systems and technology on social movements and activism. However, we welcome submissions from a wide range of perspectives, including but not limited to:
- The impact of social media on social movements and activism
- The use of big data in social movements and activism
- The ethics and privacy concerns of using technology for activism
- The role of social media in shaping public opinion and attitudes
- The examination of the intersection between social media and mental health
- The impact of social media on the way we consume and produce news
- The influence of technology on the formation and organization of social movements
- The use of information systems in empowering marginalized communities
- The role of artificial intelligence in shaping the future of activism and social movements
- The examination of the intersection between information systems and social justice
- The use of mobile technologies in social movements
- The impact of artificial intelligence and machine learning on social movements and activism
- The impact of algorithmic bias on social movements and activism
- The role of artificial intelligence and machine learning in detecting cyberminions
- The role of media literacy and digital citizenship in protecting against cyberminions
We also welcome submissions that address a wide range of topics related to information systems. We are particularly interested in papers that explore the intersection of information systems with other fields such as business, computer science, and social sciences.
The Iranian Scholars Chapter of the AIS (IRAIS) is proud to announce a joint Junior and Senior Doctoral Consortium at the annual conference of the IRAIS (IRAIS 2023). This event will be held virtually and free of charge for all participants.
The Doctoral Consortium provides an excellent opportunity for young researchers and scholars to present their work, interact with peers and experts, and receive valuable feedback. The Junior Doctoral Consortium is designed for PhD students in their early stages of research (typically, 1st- and 2nd-year students). Junior PhD students will have the opportunity to present their work and receive feedback from experienced researchers and faculty. The Senior Doctoral Consortium is intended for PhD students who are near completion of their research (students who have already successfully defended their proposal). Senior PhD students will receive feedback on their dissertation work.
IS and Social Movements Crossroads and General Tracks:
- Submissions must be in the form of extended abstracts (complete papers and research-in-progress are welcome).
- Submissions must be no more than two (2) pages.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Papers should be formatted in accordance with the specified format and guidelines in our submission template (click here to download).
The following documents should be merged into a single PDF file:
- A two-page research summary (proposal or thesis) in English
- Applicant’s CV
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor or a faculty member.
- Originality of the research
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Methodology used
- Quality of writing
Accepted papers will be published in the AIS Library.
|Submission System Open||April 1, 2023|
|Submission Deadline||May 20, 2023|
|Notification of Acceptance||June 25, 2023|
|Camera-ready Submission||July 7, 2023|
|Registration Deadline||July 17, 2023|
|Virtual Conference Date||July 22, 2023|